Halloween is starting early this year at the Walt Disney World Resort. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) begins August 25 and runs through select nights until November 1, 2017. Halloween at the Magic Kingdom is my favorite time of the year, and I have all the tips you need to have a blast at the party.
Before you go:
- Please remember MNSSHP is a separate ticket from your regular admission. Please purchase early because they will sell out!
- Read over all the rules and regulations regarding costumes and appropriate attire for the party. I highly recommend dressing up, but remember costumes must stay family friendly.
Before the party begins:
- You can enter Magic Kingdom beginning at 4pm. Link your tickets to your My Disney Experience App.
- If you decided to arrive at MK early go ahead and eat, enjoy a few rides and shop for merchandise. If it is your first time going to MNSSHP party then it is important to arrive early and have a plan in place for your family.
- I highly suggest if you are a fan of Jack Skellington or The Seven Dwarfs you will want to be in line by 5:00PM because the line will never stop for the rest of the party. These characters are extremely popular, and you don’t want to miss out on the rest of the party.
- Look for the huge orange Mickey balloons, which will lead you to candy. Yes, adults get candy too!
- Meet a few specialty characters and ride a few rides. There are typically no waits for rides during special events! Make sure you ride the Haunted Mansion during the party!
- Try special treats throughout the park! Disney Parks Blog released all of the new treats for the party this year. Typically there are not many choices, but they are going all out this year.
- Afterwards go ahead a secure a place in front of the castle for Happy HalloWishes, Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular and Boo-To-You Parade.
(I would suggest finding a spot close to the castle around 9:30pm. Watch Happy HalloWishes at 10:15pm, then Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular at 10:45pm and end with the Boo-Too-You Parade at 11:15pm. You will not have to worry about moving all over the park)
Time changes for this year’s party:
- Boo –To-You Parade times 9:15pm and 11:15pm. I highly suggest attending the second parade because it will be less crowded!
- Happy HalloWishes at 10:15pm
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular will have only three showings this year 8:15pm, 10:45pm and midnight.
Extra PhotoPass fun:
There will be magic shot locations added to the party this year
- Entrance to Magic Kingdom
- Town Square
- Liberty Square
- Haunted Mansion
- Main Street U.S.A.
My biggest tip of all is to have fun, and enjoy being able to be a kid again in the most magical place on earth!